The promotion of responsible consumption of alcohol is one of the core beliefs of our business.
This belief comes to life through the way we market, promote and sell our products. We undertake campaigns in conjunction with our key partners and associations to encourage responsible consumption. We also ensure all of our products carry a message encouraging responsible consumption, or advising of the risks of harmful consumption.
When people drink too much, they can hurt themselves, other people, and the communities that help give us our livelihood. No one benefits, not even us.
There is no simple solution. We believe, however, there are things that make a difference. Things like making sure information about alcohol is accurate and balanced. Enforcing laws against drinking and driving, underage drinking, and disorderly conduct. And, reaching out to people who are most at risk to help them.
Our business has 6 core alcohol principles that guide our decisions:
- Our beer adds to the enjoyment of life for the overwhelming majority of our consumers
- We care about the harmful effects of irresponsible alcohol consumption
- We engage stakeholders and work collectively with them to address irresponsible consumption
- Alcohol consumption is for adults and is a matter of individual judgement and accountability
- Information provided to consumers about alcohol consumption should be accurate and balanced
- We expect our employees to aspire to high levels of conduct in relation to alcohol consumption.